" I am Sa'juri, speaker to the Lord Dunnigan Del Oro and the words I speak now are his and not mine:
" You only sent one, hunter. How disappointing; I would have thought that you would do better. Never the mind of it, the opening move is mine. The smith is dead. Now it is only a matter of time before the town is mine. Time is, after all, my keenest weapon.
`In the mean time you will deliver a message to them for me, won't you, hunter? Tell them this town will not be safe until it is under the protection of Lord Dunnigan Del Oro.
`Till next time then, hunter."
The speaker turned to walk away and the rest of the world slammed back into Nathaniel's consciousness. From behind him came the voices of the men crowded around the front of the tavern. "By Sula'fay, it's Collen! He's just barely breathing."
The exclamation was followed by whispers of, "The smith, they got the smith."
Apparently no one else had seen it, but its image was still burned into Nathaniel's head. It had looked mostly human with short, slick black hair, a pencil-thin mustache, and a goatee, but the yellow cat eyes and the echoing whisper that had crossed the distance between them were not human, not even slightly.
In the not too distant future, technology has spawned a darkness no one knew could even exist. The darkness swept like a tidal flood across the Earth threatening to make mankind just another extinct species. The night fell upon man... and then came the Taint....
But from Earth's own shadowy corners arose a savior in the form of a Dark Angel. Ever seeking to survive, Mankind chose the lesser of two dark paths. Now the human race simply struggles to live from day to day. Torn between two evils... torn between two shades of Darkness...
Here is what you will find inside...
• New training packages to represent the lifestyles and vocations of the dark fantastic-future.
• Details on how to adjust the RMSS skill system to reflect the nature of the unique environment for characters in Shades of Darkness.
• Rules for blending lost technology and fantasy into a seamless presentation of a dark campaign.
• Guidelines on how the physical manifestation of corruption, The Taint, affects characters in play (slowly corrupting them to one evil or another).
• New spell lists representing the new magic that is available on Earth.